What is Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)?
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) is the computer-to-computer transfer of transactions and information using a variety of communication methods. Highmark Blue Shield of Northeastern New York encourages you to submit your claims electronically for improved productivity and cost efficiency.
Below are the electronic tools available for medical providers and administrators to use.
Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Transactions
EDI allows medical providers to save time and money, and eliminate delays in claims processing. Medical providers are able to access timely information in today's health care environment. Successful health care organizations are finding ways to automate routine tasks and deploy resources to value added opportunities.
- Electronic claims represent an average savings of $1.43 per claim by reducing paperwork, manual intervention, and postage.
- Claims can be submitted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Eliminating postal delays gets claims processed faster.
- Blue Shield of Northeastern NY acknowledges receipt of electronic claims through notification and error reports.
- Receive an electronic remittance to allow practices to post payments automatically.
Highmark Blue Shield of Northeastern New York accepts all types of claims electronically:
- Adjustments/Corrected claims (use appropriate indicator)
- Coordination of Benefits (COB) (use appropriate indicator)
- Late charges (use appropriate indicator)
*Please note, claims requiring attachments cannot be sent electronically at this time.
The electronic Payer ID for Highmark Blue Shield of Northeastern New York is 00800 and is recognized by most clearinghouses and vendors in order to route electronic claims to Highmark Blue Shield of Northeastern New York. You may need to contact your clearinghouse to see if they use a different Payer ID.
To register to submit claims, or for more information about electronic submissions, please visit the Administrative Services of Kansas (ASK) website, www.ask-edi.com and look for the New York customers link. The ASK help desk can also be reached at 1-800-472-6481.
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA) / Electronic Funds Transfer (RFT)
ERA is an electronic file that explains claim payment and remittance information. The ERA is received after a claim is finalized. The HIPAA compliant format can be automatically posted to your patient accounting system.
EFT is a secure method of claims payment. Highmark Blue Shield of Northeastern New York electronically transfers funds directly into the bank account of your choice for added security and prompt payments.
Advantages of Electronic Funds Transmission (EFT) and Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA):
- No more lost or stolen checks
- Quicker access to your funds
- Increased security of information
- Less time spent on claims checking
- Expedited patient account reconciliation
- Easier retrieval or archived data
To enroll for ERA:
- Visit the Administrative Services of Kansas (ASK) website
- Complete online registration form
- Upon approval, you will receive an email directly from ASK
To enroll for EFT:
- Visit the Payspan Health website
- Complete the online registration form
- Upon successful registration, a verification email will be sent to complete enrollment
Optimize the delivery of patient information (eligibility, claims status, referrals) to the health care community by leveraging our shared infrastructure, technology, and intellectual capital.