Care at Home℠
Remember when doctors made house calls?
Care at Home works the same way.
With Care at Home, you have access to medical advice and urgent home visits around the clock at no cost with your Highmark Blue Shield of Northeastern New York Medicare Advantage plan.
This exclusive member program provides the care you need at home. Doctors and other medical professionals are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This service is managed by Landmark, a trusted partner of Highmark Blue Shield of Northeastern New York that specializes in home medical care.
What to expect from Care at Home
A typical house call will be similar to a visit with your primary doctor, except that it takes place in the comfort of your own home. The Care at Home team schedules around your convenience and personalizes their visit to your specific health needs.
- A dedicated nurse care manager to advocate for you and guide you through the health system
- Medical advice over the phone when you need it, day or night, including weekends and holidays
- Coordinated care from pharmacists, dietitians, nurses, behavioral health specialists, and social workers
- 24/7 medical advice over the phone when you need it, day or night, including weekends and holidays
- Medical services right in your home* including cardiac care, administration of IV treatments, catheterization, writing prescriptions, antibiotics for infections, and help with injections
*Certain geographic areas are available for urgent telephonic visits only. For more details, please contact us.
Who is Care at Home for?
Eligibility for Care at Home depends on your medical history. It may be an option if you are living with a certain set of chronic illnesses, especially if you are managing multiple conditions.
Care at Home Providers
You will continue to see your own primary care doctor, but will also have the support of a team of health care professionals including:
- Doctors, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
- Behavioral health providers
- Nurse care managers
- Social workers
Highmark Blue Shield of Northeastern New York (Highmark BSNENY) is a trade name of Highmark Western and Northeastern New York Inc., an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Highmark BSNENY is a Medicare Advantage plan with a Medicare contract and enrollment depends on contract renewal. Prepaid cards can be used to help you live a healthier lifestyle at grocery stores, supermarkets, drug stores and pharmacies. Highmark BSNENY complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia lingüística. Llame al 1-833-735-4515 (TTY 711). 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-833-735-4515 (TTY 711).
Content last updated: April 22, 2022