Care at Home℠
Coordinating care for complex conditions among multiple physicians, providers, and caregivers can be challenging. At BlueShield of Northeastern New York, we want to keep you healthy and at home.
We have partnered with Landmark to offer Care at Home℠ - a no-cost, in-home service that complements your doctor's treatment plan, and assists you and any family members or friends who may be involved in your care. Landmark is a physician group that specializes in making house calls and delivering team-based care to people with multiple medical needs.
Care at Home℠ can help:
- Schedule and prepare for appointments.
- Make sure you have your medications, and teach you the best way to take them.
- Identify early signs of worsening health to avoid emergency room visits or hospital stays.
- Find additional resources and services to keep you healthy at home.
The Value of Care at Home℠
- Traditional house calls - unrushed care in the comfort of your home
- Receive care from a team of health professionals
- Available 24/7 - urgent visits are available around the clock, including weekends and holidays
- Care is coordinated with your primary doctor
- No cost to you
Learn more about the value of Care at Home by viewing our program brochure.
Care at Home℠ professionals
You will continue to see your own primary care doctor, but will also have the support of a team of health care professionals including:
- Doctors, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants
- Behavioral health providers
- Nurse care managers
- Social workers
Learn more about the value of Care at Home™ by viewing our program brochure.
Don't forget to get your Flu Shot!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s more important than ever to get a flu vaccine. It helps reduce your risk of flu-related complications and reduces the burden on the health care system. Flu season runs October through May, and people age 65 and older and those with chronic conditions are most likely to end up in the hospital from flu complications.
What you can do:
- Get vaccinated early. The flu shot can take up to two weeks to become effective, so the best time to get it is the end of October, but it’s never too late. . Vaccines are available at your doctor’s office, your pharmacy, or through Care at Home.
- Call Care at Home. If you start experiencing flu symptoms, call us as soon as possible. We can treat you in the comfort of your own home, prescribe medication to help ease your symptoms, and monitor you to prevent further complications.
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 9 p.m., at 1-844-330-0509 (TTY 711)
Do you have questions on Care at Home℠?
Call 1-844-300-0509 (TTY 711)
9 a.m. - 9 p.m., Monday - Friday
BlueShield of Northeastern New York (BSNENY) is a Medicare Advantage plan with a Medicare contract and enrollment depends on contract renewal. BSNENY is a division of HealthNow New York Inc., an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. Landmark Health is a separate company. Other Pharmacies/Physicians/Providers are available in our network. BSNENY complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. ATENCIÓN: si habla español, tiene a su disposición servicios gratuitos de asistencia linguistica, Llame al 1-833-735-4515 (TTY 711) 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電 1-833-735-4515 (TTY 711)
Content last updated October 1, 2020