Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Screening
The CAGE-AID questionnaire is a simple test that checks for signs of alcohol dependence. It can be a useful tool that only requires a minute or two of time.
Mental Health Screening Tools
Self-care matters, especially for your mental health. If you’re feeling down, overwhelmed, or hopeless, it’s important to understand if you are dealing with anxiety and what to do about it.
Behavioral Health Conditions
Our behavioral health section provides a number of services and programs to help those in need.
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) Treatment and Management
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a condition in which a person has inattention (lacks focus), hyperactivity (restlessness or constant activity), and impulsivity (makes hasty actions without thinking through consequences). People diagnosed with ADHD can be successful in life, but without identification and correct treatment, ADHD can have significant repercussions.
Everyone has trouble staying focused sometimes, but people with ADHD have serious challenges with attention that cause problems in social situations, school, or work. ADHD is characterized by a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity that interferes with function or development. Symptoms start prior to age 12.
Examples of inattention:
- Overlooking details in work
- Being easily sidetracked
- Losing important items
- Difficulty following through on instructions
- Difficulty paying attention during work tasks or leisure activities
- Forgetful in daily activities like chores or errands
Examples of hyperactivity-impulsivity:
- Often squirms in seat or fidgets
- Leaves seat in situations where remaining seated is expected
- Excessive talking
- Difficulty waiting their turn
- Often interrupts or intrudes on others in activities and conversations
ADHD Management Program
The ADHD management program strives to improve the quality of life for members with ADHD. Members are connected to a specialized care manager who provides education, helps identify and overcome barriers to care, links you to providers when needed, and supports the treatment plan laid out by your healthcare provider. Who would benefit from this program? Members or caregivers of members who:
- Have recently been diagnosed with ADHD or have recently been prescribed a stimulant medicine for ADHD
- Have ADHD along with other medical conditions
- Want to connect with a mental health provider but need help navigating the system or need additional support
Services Offered Through ADHD Management Program
- Educational materials regarding ADHD
- Assessment and referral to ADHD treatment providers
- Web links to nationally recognized leaders in ADHD Management
- Web based program information and self-management tools
- ADHD: The Basics
- Holistic Health
- Stress Management
- SAMHSA Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
Let's Talk Stigma
Many people suffer from a mental health diagnosis in silence because of the discrimination that goes along with it. Let's Talk Stigma is starting a conversation to end the stigma surrounding mental illness