Community Support and Event Sponsorship
As a community-based, not-for-profit health plan, BlueShield of Northeastern New York is committed to improving the quality of life in our region and supporting initiatives that have the greatest impact on the health of the communities we serve.
Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund
To address the most critical and immediate needs in our community, BlueShield of Northeastern New York has joined a coalition of philanthropy, government, and business partners to create the Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund. This fund will rapidly deploy resources to community-based organizations at the frontlines of the coronavirus outbreak in the Greater Capital Region of New York. Organizations seeking funding for COVID-19 support can visit Capital Region Community COVID-19 Response Fund for more information.
Healthy Zone Cruiser
Our cruiser is available for events to engage kids and families in free, fun, and healthy activities. Complete our request form to reserve the cruiser for your next event!
In accordance with the BlueShield Community Relations objective, consideration is given to programs and events that focus on:
- The physical health and well-being of people in our region, specifically programs that target top health care issues that are highly prevalent in our communities, and programs/events that focus on and promote healthy behaviors
- Creating vibrant, diverse communities where all people have the opportunity to thrive
- Developing youth and families to ensure they have the highest potential to be contributing citizens in our community
- Providing and projecting sustainable measurements of success
- Evidence-based programs that demonstrate the highest level of effectiveness
- Partnering with organizations who offer us the opportunity to provide unique and memorable experiences with our over 800,000 members and 1,500 employees in Northeastern New York
All requests must be received at least two months prior to an event or program and all requests are reviewed on a monthly basis. Due to the volume of requests, we are not able to respond to or fund every incoming request.
To be eligible to receive a corporate sponsorship from BlueShield, your organization must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization by the IRS: We give to nonprofit organizations working for charitable, cultural, scientific, literary and other organizations under the Internal Revenue Code section 510 (c)(3).
- Must be an organization based in Northeastern New York: We only make gifts to organizations who are based within the counties of Northeastern New York and are working for the welfare of those living in Northeastern New York.
BlueShield does not typically sponsor the following programs or events:
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Programs or events outside of Northeastern New York
- Golf tournaments
- Health fairs
- Religious organizations, except when they are conducting programs that are secular in nature and have wide public impact
- Individuals/benefits fundraiser for individuals
- Capital campaigns, endowments, or the purchase of equipment
- Anything that falls outside our service area
If you're interested in sponsorship support, please fill out our Sponsorship Application. We cannot accept requests via email, mail, or phone. If you have any questions, please contact Nicole Chlopecki at email@example.com